John McNerney, DDS
Dr. McNerney grew up in a family of 6 in Oak Park, Illinois and attended OPRFHS. After high school he attended Triton college, the University of Illinois at Chicago and then went on to Northwestern University Dental School, with the aid of an academic grant. Dr. McNerney utilized the grant all four years. He graduated at the top of his dental school class and was awarded the Louis A. Hobson Memorial Award from the department of oral and maxillofacial surgery for “Exemplary Performance in Educational Pursuits and Patient Care.” He then was accepted into, and completed, a General Practice Residency at the Great Lake Naval Base and the North Chicago VA. The residency focused on advanced training in oral surgery, periodontal surgery and prosthodontics.
In 1995, Dr. Sam Calabrese and Dr. John McNerney opened the doors to Sandy Point Dental, PC in Lake Zurich. It has been a fun and amazingly successful venture. Dr. McNerney could not have asked for a better community to serve all off these years.
Dr. McNerney continues to develop and utilize the best, most innovative and comfortable dental treatments available today. Evidence of his commitment to providing the best care for his patients follows:
- Pride Institute 2-year management program (2005-2007)
- SPEAR Faculty Club member since 2013. Hands-on workshops and seminars in advanced cosmetic treatments with access to over 1000 hours of online education.
- CEREC Doctor since 2013. CAD dentistry leader. This technology enables Dr. McNerney to place exquisite veneers, crowns and implants in the same day. Natural and seamless esthetics with a conservative approach.
- Adjunct faculty member at Midwestern University Dental School in 2018.
- Presented a lecture on dental materials to the board members of the Academy of General Dentistry in 2018.
- Awarded a fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry in 2018. A board exam in all phases of dentistry and 500 hours in specific areas of dentistry were the qualifications attained.
- Dr. McNerney is presently pursuing accreditation in the Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. A board exam on cosmetic dentistry and completion and defending 5 cosmetic cases are the qualifications for the accreditation.
- Over 600 hours on continuing education completed in the last 5 years.
- In 2018, Dr. McNerney became a board member in the American Academy of General Dentistry.
- CDS, ISDA, AGD, AACD and the ADA.
- CEREC Doctors
- SPEAR Faculty Club
- New Board Member AGD in 2018
Dr. McNerney enjoys running, reading and photography. His favorite hobbies include going on walks, hanging out and vacationing with Tina, his wife of 30 years. He has 2 grown children who are both CPA’s and work in the Chicago area.